Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test - Typically identifies 4 fertile days, twice as many as any other ovulation test, so increasing your window of opportunity to get pregnant.
Did you know that 1 in 2 couples could be trying to conceive on the wrong days?1 There are only a few days each cycle when a woman can become pregnant, the days before ovulation and the day of ovulation itself. If you can identify these fertile days, and have intercourse at this time, then you maximize the chance of becoming pregnant.
How does Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test work?
Other ovulation tests detect the rise of luteinizing hormone (LH) which occurs 24 - 36 hours prior to ovulation, identifying the 2 best days to get pregnant each cycle.
The Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is a breakthrough: not only does it detect the rise in LH, it also monitors the level of another key fertility hormone, estrogen, which increases in the days before the LH surge. Because your partner's sperm can survive in your body for up to 5 days, you can actually become pregnant by having intercourse during the days leading up to ovulation. By tracking these 2 key hormones, this test is able to typically identify 4 fertile days leading up to, and including the day of ovulation, twice as many as any other ovulation tests.
How to use Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test
1. Before testing
- Please always read the instructions on pack and in the leaflet carefully before use.
- Always test using the first urine after your longest sleep.
- You need to know your usual cycle length before you start to ensure you test at the right time to find your high and peak fertile days.
- The day your period starts (first day of full bleeding) is Day 1. Your cycle length is the total number of days from Day 1 up to and including the day before your next period starts.
- Once you know your cycle length, use the table below to find out when to start testing:
|Your cycle length in days
||21 or less
||41 or more
|Start testing on the day under your cycle length
||20 days before your next period
2. Get ready to test
- Remove a test stick from its foil wrapper.
- Remove the cap from the test stick.
- Align the purple arrow on the ovulation test stick with the arrow on the test holder.
- Insert the test stick until it clicks into place.
- The ovulation test will switch on after you have inserted the test stick correctly.
- If it's the first time you have used the test holder, the 'new cycle' symbols will flash briefly.
- Wait for the 'test ready' symbol to appear and test immediately.
3. Take the test
- Place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine stream for 3 seconds.
- Or collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Dip the sampler in the urine for 15 seconds.
- The 'test ready' symbol will start flashing after a minute to show the test is working.
4. Wait for 5 minutes
- Within 1 minute you will see that the test is working as the test ready symbol will start to flash.
- Keep the sampler pointing downwards or lay the test flat.
- Throughout testing never hold the test with the absorbent tip pointing upwards.
- Your result will appear on the display after 5 minutes.
5. Read your results
Low Fertility – a clear circle
- A clear circle indicates low fertility. Having intercourse today is just for fun as it is unlikely, but not impossible, that you will become pregnant. Your result will be displayed for 8 minutes.
- Do not test again today. Test again tomorrow using the first urine after your longest sleep
- Note: The test is looking for the rise in estrogen that will indicate you have reached High Fertility, for your High Fertility results to be reliable it’s important to test only once a day.
High Fertility - a flashing smiley face
- When the test first detects a rise in your level of estrogen it will display High Fertility (a flashing smiley face). Your result will be displayed for 8 minutes.
- In the following days the test will continue to display High Fertility whilst it looks for your LH surge. Continue to test daily to find your LH surge.
- After your first day of High Fertility is displayed you can test more than once a day if you would like to but avoid excess fluid intake before testing.
If you see more than 9 High Fertility days, see FAQs 2 and 4.
Peak Fertility - A static smiley face is constantly displayed for 48 hours after it first appears
You cannot do another test while Peak Fertility is shown, as the holder will not be able to read it.
6. After the test
- Eject your test stick right away and dispose of it in your normal household waste.